CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Jessica's Guide to Dating On the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey

3/29/09
The undead can really screw up your senior year . . .

Marrying a vampire definitely doesn’t fit into Jessica Packwood’s senior year “get-a-life” plan. But then a bizarre (and incredibly hot) new exchange student named Lucius Vladescu shows up, claiming that Jessica is a Romanian vampire princess by birth—and he’s her long-lost fiancé. Armed with newfound confidence and a copy of Growing Up Undead: A Teen Vampire’s Guide to Dating, Health, and Emotions, Jessica makes a dramatic transition from average American teenager to glam European vampire princess. But when a devious cheerleader sets her sights on Lucius, Jess finds herself fighting to win back her wayward prince, stop a global vampire war—and save Lucius’s soul from eternal destruction.



I have to be honest; when I first heard the title and read the description I didn't exactly see myself liking the book too much. The title seemed really corny and I thought I had heard this plot line for a story several times before. But, in the end, I was very, very wrong. When I first started reading the story, I was hesitant about how quickly you found out who Jessica was supposed to be and what Lucius was. Then I kept reading and found that if I hadn't have known from the start what/who they were, there would've been a lot of bland space between the beginning and when the twists start coming in. Lucius's letters to his uncle were a good add-on, I thought, which helped me think more on Lucius's level than if I was just an outsider. This book made me go through several emotions; happiness, sadness, and, definitely, anger. That's one of the reasons, though, why I love the book so much now; it made me feel exactly what Jessica/Antanasia was feeling. Beth Fantaskey has now become one of my new favorite authors as Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side has become my new favorite book.

5/5

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    I loved this novel too. Great review!

    March 30, 2009 at 7:42 PM  

  2. Unknown said...

    Glad you liked it! I loved this one too, what a fun refreshing read it was :D

    April 17, 2009 at 12:42 AM  

Post a Comment