CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Alas, Babylon

8/20/08
"Alas, Babylon." Those fateful words heralded the end. When a nuclear holocaust ravages the United States, a thousand years of civilization are stripped away overnight, and tens of millions of people are killed instantly. but for one small town in Florida, miraculously spared, the struggle is just beginning, as men and women of all backgrounds join together to confront the darkness.


Despite the fact that I had to read this for my English II class, I actually liked this story. I have to admit, though, that it took a few chapters for me to get hooked into the story. But when I did get hooked I couldn't even put the book back down. Pat Frank did an amazing job with his descriptions for every scene, all so vivid that it was almost like I was there. This story shocked me several times and sent fear-filled chills up and down my spine, though I think that's what made it an even better story; to be able to give me that reaction.

4/5

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    Great Review! :D And loving the site. It's prettiful. I might...actually read Alas, Babylon one day...o.o
    You seemed to like it, so I probably will.

    -Amanda

    August 20, 2008 at 10:34 PM  

  2. Synthie Lies said...

    haha, why thank you :D
    hope you have fun with it; that is after you read lord of the flies :P

    August 20, 2008 at 10:40 PM  

Post a Comment