CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Severed Ties Vol. I by Kevin Krohn

2/28/09
Severed Ties tells the story of Nyne Harper, a college freshman living with her widowed father. At the tender age of two, she lost her mother tragically in a house fire, believed to have been retaliation against her father for blowing the whistle on a large corporate cover-up. The two have been on the run since, trying to piece together some semblence of a normal life while constantly looking over their shoulders.


Now an adult, Nyne is ready to quench her thirst for revenge and protect the only family she has left. The question will be, is she prepared for what her life is about to become?





The story immediately starts out with an action which I loved; it immediately caught my interest in the story. Within a few chapters of the book, I was completely hooked in finding out Nyne's life and story. I'm glad Kevin put in some humor with the dialogue which also kept me interested; how can it be a good story if there's not a little bit of humor? I'm sure the thing that stuck out to me the most(humor-wise) was when Eric called his and Nyne's teacher a pinecone. That sent me into hysterics. The descriptions were so detailed it was like I was there with Nyne and the suspense was so built I was anxious to read each page to find out what would happen next. I was very surprised about Nyne's past and all of the twists Kevin Krohn had so deviously thrown in there. I absolutely cannot wait for Severed Ties: Volume II!


4/5

3 comments:

  1. Sadako said...

    This looks really good, and I love suspense--it's going on the ever widening reading list I have going in my head.

    March 17, 2009 at 1:29 AM  

  2. Unknown said...

    I just read this recently and liked it too, I really want to know what's gonna happen next!

    April 17, 2009 at 12:44 AM  

  3. Synthie Lies said...

    Sadako: This is definitely a book you want to put on your reading list. I do the same thing too; using a reading list inside my head anyway.
    robin_titan: I'm really glad you liked it as well. I can't wait to figure out what happens next either.

    Thanks to both of you for commenting!

    April 19, 2009 at 12:37 PM  

Post a Comment